Thursday, January 22, 2009

Obamination: Gnat Strain

King James Bible Mt 23:24
Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

They bollixed the Presidential oath of Office, so the Chief Justice and President Obama repeated the oath, just to make sure. How in the eternal love of God can they worry about the sequence of words in a vain, forsworn oath while ignoring the more significant fact that President Obama has failed to prove one of the vital factors of eligibility: his status as a native born citizen?

"I Barack Hussein Obama do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president to the United States faithfully," "And will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God," [WND]
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." [memory.loc.gov]
The adverb's sequence does not effect the meaning in this case.


If anything would ruin the oath, it is that last addition, which is not in the Constitution. What harm does it do? It was repeated in the re-enactment.

Why all the fuss and news coverage over an inconsequential detail while Obama's eligibility and illegal fund raising practices are totally ignored?

Which office is most important, President or Vice President? Compare their oaths of office.
I, A— B—, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.[Wikipedia]
If the sequence of verb and adverb were significant, wouldn't the extra bindings in the VP oath be even more so? So why hasn't the Constitution been amended to enrich the Presidential oath?

Obama was probably born in Kenya to an alien and an underage citizen, if he is a citizen, he traveled illegally to Pakistan, and he sealed the records which would disclose his citizenship status. He refuses to display the vault copy of his birth certificate and spent enormous amounts of money contesting litigation demanding its disclosure, but the Supreme Court don't give a damn. Yet the Chief Justice made a special trip to the White House to re-administer the oath. Am I the only one to perceive the incongruity?

No comments: