Of course the libiot will object to such a standard saying that such puritanical measuring-lines are out-dated, relative, narrow-minded, oppressive, and limit one's license, er, liberty to be free. Besides, he will claim, we have free speech in this country.
But for those of us Americans who can still understand what a lie is, and are concerned about the character and integrity of ourselves and our leaders, Mr. Obama's practice of saying one thing and doing another is concerning. In fact such behavior not only calls into question his qualification for his current position, but also his competency and, frankly, his trustworthiness.
So because the star-gazed media has been more concerned with advocating Mr. Obama instead of critiquing him, RightHooks has taken up the challenge of tracking Mr. Obama's steady stream of lies. Granted, there are only 24 hours in a day, but we will do our best to keep the list updated.
We will put the oldest, or first listed, lie at the bottom and the newer lies near the top of our list. If you find that we have over-looked a few, or a few dozen, please enlighten us in the Comments section (and pay no attention to the delerious and bitter cross-dresser who lurks about the Comments section and calls itself 'Ema'. We keep he/she/it around as one would enjoy a pet farret slithering about doing weasley, farret things. )
So here goes, here is a list of
8. Both Secretary Geithner and Secretary-Designate Daschle are the right people for very important jobs
7. Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency
6. I will have no lobbyists in the White House
5. Nobody on my staff had any contact with Governor Blagojevich
4. I will not accept private campaign contributions
3. William Ayers is not a guy I shared ideas with
2. William Ayers was just a guy I knew from the neighborhood.
1. I was born in the United States