Davi Barker, writing at Patheos, concentrates on attempting to discredit Pamela Geller with adhominem attacks while projecting that tactic onto her.
- "Anti-Muslim demagogue,Pam Geller"
- "blows a wad of cash"
- "on an ad (hominem) campaign against Islam,"
- "critical of the boogeyman Muslims she imagines under her bed"
- "blows a wad of cash"
Preferring to debate the issue rather than personalities and process, I left the following comment, which was not published. Since I am writing on my own blog and a few friendly blogs where I can use html and won't be censored, I am adding hyperlinks to my sources so that readers can verify the quotes and examine their context.
" Jihad means to war against non-Muslims,
and is etymologically derived from the word
mujahada, signifying warfare to establish the
religion." " [The Reliance of the Traveller, Book O9.0, p. 599]8 Who said this: "(This is also a part of the war booty you earned. Verily, I have no share in it, except my own share, the fifth designated to me. Even that fifth will be given to you (indicating the Prophet's generosity). Therefore, surrender even the needle and the thread, and whatever is bigger or smaller than that (from the war spoils). Do not cheat with any of it, for stealing from the war booty before its distribution is Fire and a shame on its people in this life and the Hereafter. Perform Jihad against the people in Allah's cause, whether they are near or far, and do not fear the blame of the blamers, as long as you are in Allah's cause. Establish Allah's rules while in your area and while traveling. Perform Jihad in Allah's cause, for Jihad is a tremendous door leading to Paradise. Through it, Allah saves (one) from sadness and grief.)'' 9 ? Who said this: "(The greatest of all things is Islam, its pillars are the prayers and its pinnacle is Jihad for the sake of Allah.)"10? Who knows better what Jihad is, you or the founder of Islam?
- Fighting for the Cause of Allah (Jihaad)
- One-fifth of Booty to the Cause of Allah (Khumus)
- Military Expeditions led by the Prophet (pbuh) (Al-Maghaazi)
- The Book of Jihad and Expedition (Kitab Al-Jihad wa'l-Siyar)
- Jihad (Kitab Al-Jihad)
- The Obligation of Jihad
- 24 Book of Jihad
- 24 The Chapters on Jihad (Sunan Ibn Majah)
- Surah Al-Ahzab 33:26-27
- Ibn Sa'd's KITAB AL-TABAQAT AL-KABIR Volume 1, Parts 1.25.7
- The Benefits of Iron, Tafsir Ibn Kathir http://www.islam-universe.com/tafsir//57.52680.html
- http://www.qurancomplex.com/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp?nSora= 2&l=eng&nAya= 190# 2_ 190
- Ruling on the Spoils of War (Ghanimah and Fai ), Tafsir Ibn Kathir http://www.islam-universe.com/tafsir//8.20194.html
- The State of the People of Faith and Their Reward Allah states: Tafsir Ibn Kathir http://www.islam-universe.com/tafsir//32.41021.html