"Settlements" and construction are not obstacles to peace. Islam is the obstacle to peace. The Jews of the Hijaz rejected Moe's war cult, so he hated them and made them his first victims after graduating from raiding camel caravans to raiding villages.The Qur'an & hadith are not silent about Islam's unending war against Jews.
- 7:167. And (remember) when your Lord declared that He would certainly keep on sending against them (i.e. the Jews), till the Day of Resurrection, those who would afflict them with a humiliating torment. Verily, your Lord is Quick in Retribution (for the disobedient, wicked) and certainly He is OftForgiving, Most Merciful (for the obedient and those who beg Allâh's Forgiveness).
Who would Allah send to torture and humiliate the Jews?
- Sunan Abu Dawud 14.2477
Narrated Ibn Hawalah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: It will turn out that you will be armed troops, one is Syria, one in the Yemen and one in Iraq. Ibn Hawalah said: Choose for me, Apostle of Allah, if I reach that time. He replied: Go to Syria, for it is Allah's chosen land, to which his best servants will be gathered but if you are unwilling, go to your Yemen, and draw water from your tanks, for Allah has on my account taken special charge of Syria and its people.
Allah took a special charge of the people of the Levant on Moe's account. Yeah, right. Moe hated Jews and wanted to attack them.
9:29. Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Muslims must fight Jews until they are subjugated and extorted.
Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 177:Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."
Narrated Abu Huraira:
They'll be killing Jews until Judgment Day.
13:41. See they not that We gradually reduce the land (of disbelievers, by giving it to the believers, in war victories) from its outlying borders. And Allâh judges, there is none to put back His Judgement and He is Swift at reckoning.
When caliph Umar conquered the Levant in 638, that conquest was permanent and irreversible according to Allah. But the Jews recovered a tiny fragment their patrimony, and another ayat applies.
- 2:191. And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Harâm (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
Muslims can't leave Israel as it is, they must drive the Jews out and reconquer the land. Arafat never negotiated in good faith. Arafat never kept his commitments What makes any fool think that Abbas will?Shrub made a verbal commitment to Israel; Obama refused to honor it. Obama can not be trusted. Will he put his promises in writing? What happens when that one year veto offer expires? Will those jets be free or will Israel be billed for them? Will they ever be delivered? Obama won't demand another extension; yeah, right. Netanyahu made a commitment that there would be no more freezes. He is breaking his word. This means that he can not be trusted. The Security Cabinet should vote the deal down. The Knesset should vote no confidence. At minimum, conditions for holding a cabinet vote should be set:
- The incentive package must be in writing, free of weasel words, strings and escape clauses.
- Abbas and the Arab League members must sign on.
- A date certain for the next negotiating session and follow up schedule should be agreed upon in advance.
Islamic doctrine and past performance indicate that the whole thing is a sham; peace is impossible. if peace was possible; if the negotiations had any intrinsic merit, there would be no need for incentive plans. The fact that incentives are offered proves that the whole process is meretricious. The demand for a construction moritorium must be rejected.