Elimination of all forms of intolerance and of discrimination based on religion or beliefA/C.3/65/L.32 is a draft resolution assigned to the Third Committee of the General Assembly. Dated October 28 '10, it takes the form of a six page pdf file. Like most UN resolutions, it begins with boilerplate references to previous resolutions & reports. On the second page, they get down to details, where I find the first clash with reality.
That would be fine if all systems of belief were anodyne. But one of them is not; it commands its votaries to engage in genocidal conquest until the entire world is subjugated to its will. How can there be a right to sustain and propagate a belief that one has a divine mandate to terrorize and conquer everyone who does not share your exact system of belief and ritual practice?
Exactly what are they concerned about? The expression is ambiguous, I presume that the ambiguity is deliberate. We can safely assume that it is a reference to linkage between Islamic terrorism and Muslims; a hint at "profiling".
and discrimination that affect many women and other individuals on the grounds or in the name of religion or belief or in accordance with cultural and traditional practices, and the misuse of religion or belief for ends inconsistent with the Charter of the United Nations and other relevant instruments of the United Nations,.
They love ambiguity. This gem is found on the third page, headlining an enumerated list.
What is "religious extremism" and how does it affect the rights of individuals? Is it a reference to the Taliban beating women who do not wear the hijab? Is it a reference to Muslims burning churches and murdering Christians in Indonesia and Egypt? What religion is "misused" and by whom?
If that is not a demand that schools be used to indoctrinate students with false hagiography about Islam, for the sake of fostering "tolerance" then what is it?
That includes belief in the supremacy of Islam, and the divine mandate to enforce it upon the entire world through terrorism. No thanks! I can't tolerate that!
How would that be applied to Reliance of the Traveller, o11.5?
That is a convoluted way of asserting that my right to truthfully reveal the damnable details of Islamic doctrine & practice is subordinated to the Muslim's right to believe that he has a divine mandate to kill me, rape my widow and sell my orphans into slavery. Neither that belief nor its implementation can be tolerated. Both conquest and the implied restriction on free expression violate my fundamental freedoms.
That is an obvious attempt to paint an image of balance, when it is clear that the real concern is only about intolerance of Islam. They do not give a damn about the Christians being repressed, beaten, burned out and murdered in Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria, Indonesia & Pakistan.
In a pig's eye! They do not condemn the Quran'ic verses which command Muslims to wage war on polytheists, Jews & Christians: 8:39 & 9:29, The Islamic states would never tolerate that well deserved condemnation! Instead, they condemn the Motoons which exaggerated Moe's status as a terrorist and Fitna, which exposes Islamic incitement of violence.
Allah tells us that he purchased the Muslims so that they fight in his cause, killing and being killed. [9:111]. Allah also tells us that Islam is inseverable, it must be accepted as a package deal, all or nothing. [13:36] By what sleight of hand can the practice & propagation of Islam be considered tolerable?
When Muslims celebrate Eid by slitting the throat of a goat they shout "Allahu Akhbar!"; they are practicing their religion. When Moe invaded the Khaibar Oasis, shouting "Allahu Akhbar!, he was practicing his religion. [Sahih Bukhari 4.52.195] When terrorists slit the throats of Flight 93's crew, shouting "Allahu Akhbar!, they were practicing their religion. Sacrificing a goat is one thing, we can tolerate that; sacrificing humans is another, intolerable practice which must be condemned and proscribed.
Who will go to Egypt, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan & Sudan to enforce those violated human rights?
This tenth item on page three of the draft is the most egregious offense to truth, logic and common sense. They flatly declare that Islam must not be equated with terrorism when terrorism is an intrinsic sacrament of Islam. How in Hell can there be a right to engage in terrorism??? Examine the clear evidence open upon the face of authentic Islamic texts. [Emphasis added for clarity.]
- 3:151. We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allâh, for which He had sent no authority; their abode will be the Fire and how evil is the abode of the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrongdoers).
- 8:12. (Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes."
- 8:57. So if you gain the mastery over them in war, punish them severely in order to disperse those who are behind them, so that they may learn a lesson.
- 8:60. Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of God and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom God doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of God, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.
- 33:26. And those of the people of the Scripture who backed them (the disbelievers) Allâh brought them down from their forts and cast terror into their hearts, (so that) a group (of them) you killed, and a group (of them) you made captives. 33:27. And He caused you to inherit their lands, and their houses, and their riches, and a land which you had not trodden (before). And Allâh is Able to do all things.
- 59:2. He it is Who drove out the disbelievers among the people of the Scripture (i.e. the Jews of the tribe of Banî An-Nadîr) from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think that they would get out. And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allâh! But Allâh's (Torment) reached them from a place whereof they expected it not, and He cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their own dwellings with their own hands and the hands of the believers. Then take admonition, O you with eyes (to see).
- 59:13. Verily, you (believers in the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) are more awful as a fear in their (Jews of Banî An-Nadîr) breasts than Allâh. That is because they are a people who comprehend not (the Majesty and Power of Allâh).
- Bukhari Volume 1, Book 7, Number 331:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
The Prophet said, "I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection).
5. Every Prophet used to be sent to his nation only but I have been sent to all mankind.
- Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them)
- Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220:
Allah said that he would cast terror, then he said that he cast terror, resulting in the death of male defenders and the enslavement of their women and children. Moe said that he was made victorious by terror. It is clear for all to see: terrorism is a foundational sacrament of Islam; yet the UN denies the well documented connection.The eleventh item in the enumerated list contains a lettered list; item h & i are egregiously outrageous.
One word in that list is sufficiently broad to encompass all criticism of Islam: "symbols". The clause clause including it will be used to criminalize any and all negative mention of Allah, the Qur'an, hadith, Shari'ah and Moe.
One phrase in that list is sufficiently broad to erase laws prohibiting financial aid to terrorists: "charitable or humanitarian institutions". This returns to President Obama's promise to facilitate payment zakat. It ignores the fact that Islamic law requires that one eighth of zakat must be paid to those "fighting in Allah's cause".