Nihad Awad, Executive Director of CAIR, uttered and USA Today published remarks about the life and death of Anwar al-Awkaki. If you want to read the entire screed, use the link above; I will use major points as headings for my commentary. Al-Taqiyya is the Islamic practice of self-protection & promotion by active deception. It is based on 3:28 and exemplified by this hadith cited by Tafsir Ibn Kathir: "We smile in the face of some people although our hearts curse them.''.
propagandist for violence and extremismYes, Nihad, we can agree that Awlaki was a propagandist. But he was a propagandist for Islam, which is extremely violent, by design, from 622, when Muhammad's army became strong enough to raid camel caravans returning from foreign trade. Before calling me a liar, read the Noble Qur'an: 8:7, its context and its explanation in Tafsir al-Jalalayn. The Battle of Badr was the outcome of Allah's promise of the caravan or the Meccan army. On that day Moe said: "O Allah! I appeal to You (to fulfill) Your Covenant and Promise. O Allah! If Your Will is that none should worship You (then give victory to the pagans)." [Sahih Bukhari5.59.289] "This is the caravan of Quraysh carrying their property, so march forth to intercept it, Allah might make it as war spoils for you."[Tafsir Ibn Kathir]
Real Muslim scholars refuted his twisted interpretationsWhich Muslim scholars? Please list them and their credentials. What "twisted interpretations" did they refute and on what scriptural basis? Nihad Awad I call you out: provide a list of Awlaki's "twisted interpretations" and their refutations by "real Muslim Scholars" if you are truthful.
American Muslims condemnedSpecifically which "American Muslims" condemned Awlaki's endorsement of attacking Americans and what are their credentials as Alim & Qadi? What is the scriptural basis of their condemnation of Awlaki's message?
No person shall … be deprivedWhat did our army do to traitors in the two World Wars? When an American citizen removes himself to the land of the enemy and advocates his cause, exhorting fellow citizens to wage war against their neighbors so that, in three well known cases they attempt attacks, one of them successful, what should we do? Should we sit idly by and let them continue inciting terrorism? Should we mount an invasion at great cost in treasure and blood, with little chance of success or should we use the best means available to dispatch him with minimal waste and collateral damage?
order the killing of any AmericanAnwar al-Awlaki was not just any American, he was a traitor, an enemy combatant. He removed himself from our jurisdiction and he uttered and published calls to wage terror against American citizens, peacefully minding their own affairs at home. Killing him set no precedent for drone attacks on ordinary citizens, any precedent is applicable only to traitors openly advocating the enemy cause, carrying out jihad by the tongue.
Constitution is rendered meaningless.Since when does a Muslim care if our organic law is negated? Islam holds Allah to be the sole legislator; the Qur'an to be the source of legislation. 33:36. It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allâh and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. [...]
no-fly or watch listsThe Magnificent 19 shared a common characteristic; what was it? Their leader told them, right before the attack, to say something when they attacked; what was it? What did they say when they slit the throats of the flight crews? Exactly why did Mohammed Atta direct them to say it? Every Muslim should be on the no fly list because there is no way of knowing when they will become true believers and exhibit sudden jihad syndrome. Muslims can not be trusted because they are Allah's slaves, commanded to wage war on the kuffar nearest them.
drone strikes fuel anti-American angerTerror attacks are doctrine driven, not anger driven. America was not supporting Israel, neither was it occupying Arab soil when the Barbary Pirates sacked our shipping, resulting in the Barbary Wars. When asked by what right they attacked us, they replied that [...]"that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have answered their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners"[...][Wikipedia]
war on terror will not be won through force of armsThere is no war on terror; terror is a tactic, not an enemy. The enemy is the one using terror as a tactic: Islam. Allah & Moe said things about terror, perhaps you should review those statements. I will make it easy for you by providing links to translations of authentic Islamic texts.
- 3:151. We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve [Shakir]
- 8:12. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve [Shakir]
- 8:57. Therefore, if you overcome them on the battlefield, deal with them very sternly, so as to strike terror among them [Dr. Munir Munshey]
- then by (routing) them strike terror in those that are behind them per chance they get admonition. [Dr. Kamal Omar]
- deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them [Pickthall]
- 8:60. Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies[Yusuf Ali]
- 33:26. Allah did take them down from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts [Yusuf Ali]
- 59:2. but Allah came to them whence they did not expect, and cast terror into their hearts [Shakir]
- 59:13. You are a greater cause of terror in their breasts than Allah! That is because they are people who do not understand.[Aisha Bewley]
- Sahih Bukhari 1.7.331 . Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
- Sahih Bukhari 4.52.220 I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy),