The post pulls many of the standard strings of al-taqeyya. If the media would "get Islam right", they would be subjected to fatwas, threats, boycotts and litigation. Those of us who do not make our living by the word have a greater license to be accurate and honest. I have therefore extracted the most egregious lies from Hind's stream of malignant malarkey and will expose them below.
Rabat - Given the amount of violence and instability in countries with Muslim majorities, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, some people mistakenly assume the violence stems from Islamic teachings, when in fact Islam does not condone such actions. The media does not help the matter, often focusing on the activities of terrorists who claim to be Muslims, instead of identifying these individuals as criminals and shedding light on the true essence of Islam.
The internecine violence between Sunni & Shi'ia is, technically, un-Islamic conduct, forbidden by Allah & Moe. Surah An-Nisa' 92 & 93 make this fact abundantly clear.
- 4:92. It is not for a believer to kill a believer ...
- 4:93. And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein, and the Wrath and the Curse of Allâh are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for him.
Jihad is made mandatory for Muslims in Surah Al-Baqarah 2:216. Warfare against pagans & atheists is commanded in Surah Al-Anfal 8:39. Warfare against Jews, Christians & Zoroastrians is commanded in Surah At-Taubah 9:29. Those imperatives are codified in Shari'ah.
- The caliph makes war upon Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians....
- The caliph fights all other peoples until they become Muslim...
- ...jihad will be performed continuously since the day Allah sent me as a prophet until the day the last member of my community will fight with the Dajjal (Antichrist)....
The media shows Muslim terrorists with guns performing prayers but rarely associates terms like terrorist, fanatic and fundamentalist with any other religious group.
Is terrorism a sacrament of any other religion? Which scripture contains functional equivalents of these gems of holiness?
- 3:151. We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, ...
- 8:12. ...I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes." ...
- 8:60. Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of God and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom God doth know.... [Abdullah Yusuf Ali]
- 33:26. ...Allâh brought them down from their forts and cast terror into their hearts, (so that) a group (of them) you killed, and a group (of them) you made captives. ...
- ...Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey. ...
- ...I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand. ...
The vast majority of Muslims are peace loving and coexist harmoniously with those around them; they would say that the core of Islam is tolerance, co-existence and respect for all religions. In fact, Prophet Muhammad was known for his superior manners, merciful demeanor and tolerance toward all people, regardless of their race or religion.
Three cheers for the "vast majority of Muslims"; they are not the root of the problem. Believers are another matter, as Surah Al-Hujuratt 49:15 and Al-Anfal 2-8 reveal.
- 8:2. The believers are only those who, when Allâh is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur'ân) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone);
8:3. Who perform As-Salât (IqâmatasSalât) and spend out of that We have provided them.
8:4. It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity with their Lord, and Forgiveness and a generous provision (Paradise).
8:5. As your Lord caused you (O Muhammad ) to go out from your home with the truth, and verily, a party among the believers disliked it;
8:6. Disputing with you concerning the truth after it was made manifest, as if they were being driven to death, while they were looking (at it).
8:7. And (remember) when Allâh promised you (Muslims) one of the two parties (of the enemy i.e. either the army or the caravan) that it should be yours, you wished that the one not armed (the caravan) should be yours, but Allâh willed to justify the truth by His Words and to cut off the roots of the disbelievers (i.e. in the battle of Badr).
8:8. That He might cause the truth to triumph and bring falsehood to nothing, even though the Mujrimûn (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.) hate it.
- 49:15. Only those are the believers who have believed in Allâh and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allâh. Those! They are the truthful.
The quote above contains three egregious lies: tolerance, respect and co-existence. Anyone who asserts that those values are the core of Islam is either an ignorant fool or an accursed liar of the lowest order.
I took care of the co-existence deception when I cited the ayat which command Muslims to wage war against non-Muslims. Co-existence and perpetual warfare are not compatible, they are mutually exclusive.
The tolerance deception falls to the same evidence. War is not toleration. But there is more, found in Surah Al-Imran 3:85.
- 3:85. And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
- 98:6. Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islâm, the Qur'ân and Prophet Muhammad ) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikûn will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.
- 9:30. And the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allâh, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allâh. That is a saying from their mouths. They imitate the saying of the disbelievers of old. Allâh's Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth!
- Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 8, Number 387:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah." Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, "O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?" He replied, "Whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have."
There are many verses in the Qur’an that support this message of peaceful coexistence and harmony. Among the basic features of Islam is freedom of religion and non-compulsion: “Let there be no compulsion in religion” (2:256) and “If it had been the Lord’s will, they would all have believed – all who are on earth. Wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will to believe?” (10:99).
"No compulsion in religion" does not mesh with "And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world ]". The two are polar opposites. The conflict can only be resolved by the science of Naskh.
- 2:106. Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Know you not that Allâh is able to do all things?
- 3:110. You [true believers in Islâmic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islâm has forbidden), and you believe in Allâh. And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are Al-Fâsiqûn (disobedient to Allâh - and rebellious against Allâh's Command).
- The Verse:--"You (true Muslims) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind." means, the best of peoples for the people, as you bring them with chains on their necks till they embrace Islam.
When the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) established the first Muslim community in Mecca, he guaranteed freedom of religion, the sanctity of the human soul, and the right to security for non-Muslims, including Christians and Jews – the “People of the Book”, as they’re referred to in the Qur’an. They were privy to the same rights and subject to the same duties as Muslims, and were granted protection from outside threats.
What Moe tried to do was recruit the Jews & Christians into Islam, and when they rejected him, he attacked and plundered them. His military career began with raids on camel caravans returning to Mecca. As his army grew larger, fed by the spoils from those raids, he turned against the local Jewish population. His extortion letter to and attack on the Jews at the Khaibar Oasis [and 4.52.143]are exemplary.
The egregious assertions of sanctity and equality have already been dealt with above, completely disproved by reference to Sahih Bukhari 1.8.387. You have already discovered, if you followed the links immediately above, that Islam sold protection from itself. Note the reference to jizya in 9:29.
The malignant malarkey about "freedom of religion" is best disproved by reference to Shari'ah. Reliance of the Traveller, Book O, Chapter 11.5 lists several restrictions imposed on Jews & Christians under Islamic domination.
- Forbidden to:
- ring church bells
- display crosses
- recite the Torah or Evangel aloud
- make public display of funerals or feasts
- build new churches.
The teachings of Islam encourage acquaintance and communication among all people, as well as the blending among societies: “O mankind! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another” (49:13).
Allah strictly forbids friendly relations between Muslims and kuffar in the following ayat, from which I will quote one exemplar: 3:118, 4:144, 5:51, 5:57, 60:1 & 60:13.
- 3:118. O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitânah (advisors, consultants, protectors, helpers, friends, etc.) those outside your religion (pagans, Jews, Christians, and hypocrites) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. They desire to harm you severely. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse. Indeed We have made plain to you the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses) if you understand.
- 3:28. Let not the believers take the disbelievers as Auliyâ (supporters, helpers, etc.) instead of the believers, and whoever does that will never be helped by Allâh in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them. And Allâh warns you against Himself (His Punishment), and to Allâh is the final return.
- 16:106. Whoever disbelieved in Allâh after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allâh, and theirs will be a great torment.
- ...For instance, Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Ad-Darda' said, "We smile in the face of some people although our hearts curse them.'' Al-Bukhari said that Al-Hasan said, "The Tuqyah is allowed until the Day of Resurrection....
Links to on line texts, search engines, texts you can download and links to many of my blog posts are available at http://www.crusadersarmory.co.cc/ .